Carol Bacon Resnick (#692)

This forum allows members to introduce themselves and the surnames they are interested in.

Carol Bacon Resnick (#692)

Postby CarolResnick-692 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 pm

I am a native New Englander - born in Connecticut to a father from Burlington, and mother from Fitchburg, MA.

I have done most of my research on Ancestry.com, but my two trips to Burlington (in conjunction with visits to Quebec) were wonderful and fruitful. I can't thank the folks at VTGCGS enough for their help. Special thanks to John Fisher and Janet Allard.

My paternal surnames are Bacon and Thomas. Both families emigrated from Quebec in the mid-19th century.
My maternal surnames are Whitmore (grandfather) and Cullinan (grandmother). I had the opportunity to visit the Irish town in County Clare from where my great grandmother departed at age 15 in 1872 to her new life in Fitchburg.

I currently live in northern Virginia (Gainesville), about midway between Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains. My 55+ active-adult community (Heritage Hunt) is practically adjacent to the Manassas (Bull Run) Battlefield Park.

Some day I hope to write up a history of "The Bacons of Burlington". If you know anyone from the Burlington area named Bacon, the chances are pretty good that I am related to them :)

Best to all,
Carol
CarolResnick-692

Re: Carol Bacon Resnick (#692)

Postby EdwardMcGuire-264 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Carol, as another native New Englander - born in CT - I want to welcome you to our forums. We've just rolled these forums out so things will take a while to get going. Eventually our members from near and far will be reading your posting and commenting on possible connections.

After reading your post I went to our website store (on the vtgenlib.org index page) and looked at the Baptism/Marriage index. There must be at least 100 events for the surname Bacon so you definitely have a few cousins back here.

Thanks again for posting and please let us know how our society can be of assistance to you in your research.

Regards, Ed McGuire
EdwardMcGuire-264

Return to Introductions