Tom Wheel

This forum allows members to introduce themselves and the surnames they are interested in.

Tom Wheel

Postby ThomasWheel-985 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 am

My name is Tom Wheel. I was raised in Burlington. Graduated Rice and UVM. I have spent most of my adult life in the Southeast with the US Army and the Department of Defense. I presently live in Georgia.

I have been researching about 4 years and have over 14,000 individuals in my Personal Ancestral File. I have most of my lines all the way back to France.

I share my work frequently at World Connect and am presently engaged in the Family Tree project at FamilySearch. This will be a lifetime project.
ThomasWheel-985

Re: Tom Wheel

Postby LouisIzzo-761 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Tom:
From one Rice ('61) and UVM grad ('68) to another......

Welcome to the forum. My father, Mario, and his brothers ran Izzo's Market in Burlington, across from Bove's Restauarnt. Are you familiar with the area?

What are the primary family surnames that you have researched ?

Cheers!

Louis M. Izzo
Williston, VT
LouisIzzo-761

Postby ThomasWheel-985 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Louis,

Yes, I'm familiar with the area - I grew up on Elmwood Avenue and went to then Nazareth School before Rice. My Dad was Ray Wheel, the City's Building Inspector. I remember your family's store - we'd get popsicles or soda there when we went to Battery Park. We eaten at Bove's many times. Dad was friends with the Bove family and I coached Stunt Nite at Rice with Dick Bove.

With 14,000 in my PAF, I've researched scores of lines. My Burlington lines are Wheel (Rouet), Gonyon (from Gagnon), Cauchon, Kirby (from Corbeil), Berard, Provost, and Denis.
ThomasWheel-985

Postby marymongeon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 pm

dear tom,i met you a few years ago at a hotel you were staying in burlington.my father was bob schmaldienst.i told you i had a picture of our fathers togeather when they were in the cooties,i have yet to find it.i have been all around trying to find the picture,nobody seems to have one.i will keep looking to see what i can find.
marymongeon

GVIeotDPDGLalbiAvMmh

Postby Nayeli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Umm, are you really just giving this info out for nohnitg?
Nayeli

Postby ThomasWheel-985 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:57 am

Nayeli,

I don't understand your comment. If you are asking me if I am providing access to all of my work at no expense, then the answer is Yes. Most days I increase the content of my holdings by adding original source documents or making connections between Quebec families and their US descendants that I don't find listed elsewhere. This seems to be my niche. If others can use my research to locate their genealogy, that's enough for me. Personally, it's my legacy to my grandchildren.

Most significant is my work with the Family Tree project at FamilySearch. This project stays updated in real time and Google displays its content in responses to search queries.

I also post my work each month or so at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin ... rouetwheel
ThomasWheel-985

Return to Introductions