Mike Densmore

This forum allows members to introduce themselves and the surnames they are interested in.

Mike Densmore

Postby MichaelDensmore-1065 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

I just became a member, so let me introduce myself. I was born in Rutland, went to UVM and have lived in Massachusetts since graduation. I've been doing genealogy on and off since the early 70s. I've had more time to devote to my family tree in the past couple of years and am currently working on more family and individual details, organizing and expanding my sources and filling in some holes. I've pushed most of my lineage back to original European settlers so I have lot to work on! The major branches of my family are:

Densmore: mostly Scottish and English, came to Vermont (Guilford, Georgia) from MA around 1780

Douglass: came from Canada about 1810 and are a dead end so far. The Douglass' had French Canadian wives and I am researching Larose and Tetrau/Tetrault as a result

Spaulding/Driscoll: English and Irish, also came from MA in the late 1700s

Anoe/Hainault: my maternal grandfather's people are 99.9% French Canadian and include Fortier, Larocque, Leclere among others

I am looking forward to continuing my research with VTFGCS and sharing information from my research as well. For completeness, I should mention that I am also a member of NEHGS and have access to their facility.

Mike
MichaelDensmore-1065

Re: Mike Densmore

Postby admin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 am

Welcome aboard Mike.

Hopefully we can help you in your research. I am the Webmaster and also run the Scottish help night on the first Tu of the month. Can you send me more information on Douglas and Densmore and I'll see if I have any hits.

Take care,
Bill
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mike Densmore

Postby MichaelDensmore-1065 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks for the offer. I posted some information on my dead-end in the Surnames rather than here. Information and suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Mike
MichaelDensmore-1065

Return to Introductions