Welcome to our Forums

Welcome to our Forums

Postby EdwardMcGuire-264 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

If this is your first visit to the Vermont Genealogy Library Forums I would like to welcome you and encourage your active participation. I hope that these forums will become a useful and vital connection between our many members and act to facilitate the sharing of their extensive knowledge of Vermont family history.

One target group for these forums is the set of members who live too far away to visit the library or spend months in other states during part of the year. We have been working recently on ways to increase the resources available to these remote members. John Fisher (#2) has added several links to content on our main website and he recently added PDF copies of handouts from our classes. Over the past 8 months Bill Craig (#836) has been busy building the web infrastructure to allow even more collaboration. This forum is one of the products enabled by Bill's efforts.

Unless you are an experienced user of online forums I suggest you review our short introduction in the forum: New Forum Members / User Guidelines (Topic: How to use this forum). It discusses forum basics, how to post a new topic and how to reply to one. Discussion forums can initially seem intimidating but once you take the plunge and make a few posts (or reply to some) you'll realize how simple and enjoyable they can be. To steal a phrase...'post early and post often.'

In order to insure the forum topics remain informative, friendly and free from solicitations or ads we have a few rules. These are also in the forum: New Forum Members / User Guidelines. The topic is 'Simple Forum Guidelines.' If you need more insight on our rules there is a more lengthy discussion under the topic 'Complete Forum Guidelines.'

Our initial forums will be Introductions, Surname Research, Tools and Resources, Organizing Records and General Topics (for everything and anything else).

These forums will provide you with a great place to communicate, share information and collaborate. But their success requires a team effort. They'll only become valuable to the society if we all participate - posting, replying and reading the content. If you have a brick wall, a new resource you love or an answer that might help another member - please post on the appropriate forum. Now let's get out there and have some fun!

Best regards,

Ed McGuire
EdwardMcGuire-264

Re: Welcome to our Forums

Postby CarolResnick-692 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you! As a member from northern Virginia I am grateful for your efforts!
Carol Resnick
CarolResnick-692

Postby PeteJennings-693 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

We live in California and our visits to Vermont are few and far between. Thanks for reaching out.
PeteJennings-693

Postby SharonKlenotiz-1150 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Greeting from North Carolina!!! I am grateful for this site. I am always looking for clues to my ancestors. I hope this Spring/Summer to come visit. I am looking for CAYEA, LAVOIE, ROSS and FALCON.
Thanks
Sharon
SharonKlenotiz-1150

Return to Presidents Welcome Message