Vermont Genealogy Library Membership
Purchase is at the bottom of this page.
The heart and soul of any organization is its people and the Vermont Genealogy Library is no exception. We have the resources in place to make our tag line
We're here to help a reality. We'll be describing our library and computer rooms but these are more than rooms, there is a trained and scheduled staff that covers these rooms to help and guide you. No longer do you browse the library selves or thumb through a notebook listing of books, our library catalog is on line and there is a computer in the library room available for book searches. The index of baptisms and marriages is on line allowing you to search for your ancestors.
Not all members can come to the library easily so we have several outreach programs. The Library Catalog search and the Baptism and Marriage index search are available at any computer, not just at the library. You can research which books you are interested in before arriving, thereby better utilizing your time. We have a paid service for copying and mailing baptism and marriage records with a reduced price for members. While we have a robust schedule of classes there is much to be learned in casual conversation with other members, so we have introduced a VTGENLIB FORUM. This forum is readable by all but the privilege of asking questions and offering information is limited to members. This forum will be a boost for members regardless of their location. A beginners guide to the forum usage is located here.
In addition each member receives a copy of the Spring and Fall edition of our journal Links.
We will be beefing up our research request team to assist members and non members who have hit the
BRICKWALL, details remain to be worked up. There are other initiatives in our outreach program that will be worked on starting late fall 2013.
A Visual Tour of Our Library
- VTGENLIB Library with over 3,600 books and periodicals.
- Classroom where we have a robust schedule of classes and Tuesday night help sessions.
- Microfilm & Mircrofiche Room with ample space for your research.
A Tour of the VTGENLIB.ORG online presence
- On online library catalog with search capability
- Our Member Forum a place sure to be filled with questions, answers and lively discussion. A chance to meet your fellow members.
- Member only where we share information and ideas we'd like to keep private. This is a locked directory and members will be supplied the password.
- VTGENLIB Store selling a variety of supplies, resource materials and services.
- In 2013 other items currently under development will be added to this list.
Some members have found the Vermont Genealogy Library helpful, read about their testimonials here. While this list is starting small it will grow as more members learn of its presence.
Privacy and Ethics
The Vermont Genealogy Library respects and protects your privacy. Our eCommerce providers have been instructed to retain no information about you including; name, address, email or credit card numbers and to not sell, rent or otherwise provide information beyond which is necessary to complete the credit card transaction. If you are not a member we do not retain any information about you unless you EXPLICITY state you would like to be added to our email list for announcements. This email list is also not sold, rented or otherwise used to provide information beyond which is necessary for the Vermont Genealogy Libraries business.
All members are required to read and agree to this code of conduct
CODE OF ETHICS
In consideration of being accepted as a member of the Vermont Genealogy Library (aka Vermont French Canadian Genealogical Society), and in the interest of supporting examplifary genealogical standards, I hereby offer the following personal information and pledge:
- That while a member a member of said Society, I will not copy, publish or repeat the contents of any informaiton that may come to my attention regarding records of illegitimate birrths within the past 100 years, as revealed from the records of any town, city, state or federal agency.
- That I will carefully refrain from mutilating, marking, or otherwise defacing or destroying any part of public vital records.
- That my research of vital records will be made only for genealogical or historical purposes.
- That I will hold myself subject to the rules and regulations of the Society.
- That I will handle books and other materials with exceptional care to preserve then as long as possible.
The purchasing of this membership implies acceptance of the code of ethics. If you wish to pay by check print and mail this application, otherwise you can order online below.
We will use your order shipping information for your contact information, the member name(s) is specified in the text boxes.
|Membership Type||New Membership||Membership Renewal|
|Regular (single person) $30.00/yr|
|Household (two people) $36.00/yr|
| Household (members 3 & 4) $6.00 each/yr
Please select correct quantity